There’s a lot of information floating around about professional carpet cleaning. If you’re looking for accurate answers, it’s important to go straight to the source.
Chem-Dry is Houston’s trusted provider for carpet cleaning. Let’s take a look at some common myths we’ve all heard about this professional service, what’s true, and what’s not.
Carpet Cleaning Myths
- Cleaning carpets will make them get dirty faster in the future. Some carpet cleaners, including traditional steam cleaners, leave behind sticky residue that can attract more dirt down the road. However, Chem-Dry’s revolutionary carbonated cleaning method provides a lasting solution. Our process is residue-free and leaves carpets better able to repel dirt and stains than before!
- Vacuuming too much isn’t good for carpet. New carpets are designed to withstand extensive vacuuming. Keep in mind too that investing in a good vacuum matters.
- Carpet cleaning triggers mold and mildew growth in carpets. This can be a real risk, particularly with carpet steam cleaners. Thankfully, Chem-Dry’s method uses 80% less moisture than steam cleaners—virtually eliminating the risk of mold and mildew growth in your floors! With Chem-Dry, your carpets will dry in just hours, not days like with steam cleaners.
- You can remove lingering odors from carpets yourself. Some people try to use powder deodorizers or baking soda to remove tough odors, particularly from pets. However, when pet urine and stains dry, potent odor crystals remain trapped deep in carpet backing, padding, and even hard flooring. Chem-Dry carbonated carpet cleaning blasts away odor crystals then powerfully extract them so they won’t return.
- Carpets don’t need to be professionally cleaned on an annual basis. Even carpets that appear to be clean are likely hiding particles, dirt, odors, and allergens. Cleaning carpets every 6-12 months is essential. Keeping up with this service can help add years to the lifespan of your carpet.
- DIY stain spot treatment is all you need. These cleaners don’t always remove stains completely and can damage your carpet. It’s also extremely likely to leave behind dirt-attracting residue when spot-treating stains. Professional stain removal ensures stains are gone permanently.
- Carpet will shrink after professional cleaning. Shrinking is a risk when carpets aren’t dried properly after deep cleaning. When done by a trained professional like Chem-Dry, this isn’t the case—especially because our method uses a small fraction of the moisture compared to others.
- Professional carpet cleaning is too expensive. Professional carpet cleaning is competitively and fairly priced. Plus, free price estimates and coupons are available to help.
Carpet Cleaning In Houston
Supreme Clean Chem-Dry looks forward to serving you. Request a FREE price estimate today!